|Home > Newsletter
| SPCAA Newsletter September 2016
|Dear fellow alumni
Greetings! We would like to let you know the followings:
1. Early Bird Ticketing for 165th Anniversary Celebration Dinner (11 Dec)
We are pleased to inform you that St. Paul’s College is celebrating its 165th Anniversary in 2016-2017, and the highlight of celebration will be the 165th Anniversary Celebration Dinner, to be held on 11th December 2016 at the Hong Kong Convention and Exhibition Centre. With support from our Alma Mater, St. Paul’s College Alumni Association will host this grand event.
We are pleased to announce that the dinner ticketing price and arrangements are as follows:
1. Regular Price
The Regular price for a ticket for the Anniversary Celebration Dinner is HKD$1,500.
2. Alumni Early Bird Discount
Alumni are eligible to enjoy the discounted price of HKD$15,360 for a table of 12 persons (i.e. HK$1,280 per head) when completing registration through the respective class representative and effecting payment by 30th September 2016.
The class representative of each graduating year will help grouping alumni into tables. An alumnus can reserve the tickets from respective class representative. The contact method of the class representatives is available in our SPCAA webpage:
There are some years not represented. Alumni of those years can contact our ticketing team (email@example.com) for the reservation, and join as the class representatives.
The above discount can be used along with the Student Discount, provided that the total number of participants is 12 or the multiple of 12.
Latecomer will be required to pay the regular price, i.e. HKD$1,500.
3. Students Discount
Persons of the following categories are eligible to enjoy the discounted price, HKD$900:
i) All current students (St Paul’s College and St Paul’s College Primary School)
ii) Young alumni (graduating from F6 in 2012 or later)
iii) Family members of alumni or students who are of the age of 12 and under
Registration deadline for Student Discount will be 30th September 2016.
4. Further Information
Please clearly state the number of tickets needed and there shall be no changes allowed after the reservation is made.
For more information, please visit the Event webpage:
We believe united efforts will yield great success and we sincerely look forward to receiving a positive response from you. For further enquiries, please feel free to contact the ticketing team, at
Alan Chiu, Chairman of the St. Paul's College 165th Anniversary Celebration Dinner Organising Committee
2. 聖保羅書院165周年10公里慈善跑 (25 Sep)
SPC 165th Anniversary 10 KM Sponsored Run
In support of the St. Paul’s College Foundation, St. Paul’s College Alumni Association will launch the SPC 165th Anniversary Sponsored Run on 25th September, 2016. The full 10 KM run will be a walk through SPC history, from our first campus in Glenealy in the 19th Century through Bonham Road Campus to the new Primary School Campus on Victoria Road.
We would like to appeal to all of you for your support in this event through your participation or donation. Please refer to the SPCAA website for details.
Categories of Participants
• 10 KM Full Historical Run and 7 KM Campuses Run – age from 12 or above [sponsorship / funds raised must be no less than HK$1,000]
• Primary Kids Fun Run – Junior Class 1-3 and 4-6 [sponsorship / funds raised must be no less than HK$200]
Deadline: 20th September, 2016 (Tuesday)
• The first five runners will each be presented with a prize at the closing ceremony
• A certificate will be presented to each participant to commemorate this event
• All Runners must submit a Registration Form which can be downloaded from our website http://www.spc.edu.hk/foundation/foundation.html
• Please enclose the required registration fee / funds raised with a crossed cheque made payable to “St. Paul’s College Foundation Limited”
• Please indicate 『165th Anniversary Sponsored Run』 on the mailing envelope and return on or before the deadline, 20th September, 2016 to St. Paul’s College Foundation Limited or the School Office
• All mail should be addressed to St. Paul’s College Foundation Limited, 69 Bonham Road, Hong Kong for the attention of Ms. Josephine K.M. Ho, Foundation Secretary
• Enquiry：2859-8441 / Email： firstname.lastname@example.org / Fax：2559-7075 / Jerome Ng: 5199-9319 or Simon Lai: 9102-5043
Your support means a lot to us as well as the students of St. Paul’s College. We thank you in advance for your generous contributions.
3. Simon’s Happy Hour (8 Sept)
• DATE: 8 September 2016 (Thurs)
• TIME: 7:00 - 9:00pm
• VENUE: L16, Hong Kong Park
All alumni are welcome to join. For enquiries, please call Anthony Cheng at 6468-5672.
See you at the gathering! Go Paulines!
4. Free Running Practices + Race to Feed 2016
As the running season is fast approaching, the SPCAA Running Interest Group is organizing free training classes coached by Kevin Poon of Class 2002 every Saturday morning. Kevin will teach you how to do proper warm up, cool down, stretching, and how to run efficiently and effectively. Beginners are very welcome. Our first training in this season will be held on 10 September 2016 at 8:30 a.m. in Causeway Road Sports Ground. If you are interested to join, please kindly whatsapp Clement Leung (1984) at +852 9042 8068.
Other than training, the Running Interest Group is organizing alumni to join some running races together. We shall be running in the Race to Feed 2016 with details as follows:
Event: Race to Feed 2016 小母牛競跑助人2016
Date: 23 October 2016 (Sunday)
Start time: 8:00 a.m.
Category: 10 km
Venue: Sha Tin HK Science & Technology Park Pak Shek Promenade
Enrolment fee: $200
Enrolment Deadline via SPCAA: 15 September 2016
Organizer: Heifer International Hong Kong Limited 國際小母牛香港分會有限公司
Use of the funds raised: 小母牛慈善跑今年以全新中文名 「 競跑助人 」，希望召集更多不同界別的有心人，以競跑方式挑戰自己。活動收益將用於小母牛在中國的扶貧項目，幫助貧困農戶自力更生，擺脫貧窮。
Interested alumni please contact Clement Leung at 90428068.
5. Dinner with Mr. Ching Cheong (程翔先生), Class of 68
Mr. Ching Cheong (程翔先生) will be visiting San Francisco Bay Area in September and he will meet our alumni over a dinner gathering.
Date: September 9, 2016 (Friday)
Time: 6:30pm - 10:00pm (8:00pm dinner starts)
Venue: China Village Seafood Restaurant, 600 Ralston Ave, Belmont, CA 94002
Please email Frederick Wong (email@example.com) for reservation. Please provide class and headcount in the email as well.
Andy Law (Class 1998)
(852) 9500 8586 / firstname.lastname@example.org
If you cannot view this message properly, please click here
If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution or any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on it is prohibited and may be unlawful. At present the integrity of e-mail across the internet cannot be guaranteed and messages sent via this medium are potentially at risk. Therefore we will not accept liability for any claims arising as a result of the use of this medium to transmit messages by or to St. Paul's College Alumni Association. If you choose not to receive these messages from St. Paul's College Alumni Association, please click here to unsubscribe. Copyright @ 2016 St. Paul's College Alumni Association.